Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Senior Photo Stylist to work a 1-day assignment (with strong potential to extend into a month-long role) on-location in Westborough, MA. This individual will report to the Art Director.
Aquent's client, the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States, is looking for a motivated and experienced Senior Photo Stylist for their Westborough, MA Photo Studio. The right candidate will have 5+ years photography/styling experience in the home industry.
Candidates MUST have a portfolio in order to be considered.
As a Senior Photo Stylist you will be responsible for executing the visual standards set by the Client, while continually driving teams to excellence through coaching, training and process improvement. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Bringing brand images to life on set, from planning through execution
- Styling furniture and décor in unique photo settings
- Buying, selecting and maintaining props based on brand style
- Working closely and collaborating with other Stylists, Art Directors, Photographers and Project Managers
- Helping drive and build team culture by providing inspiration and utilizing conflict resolution skills
- Manages staff as a coach, mentor and developer of talent
- Representing the Photo Studio appropriately to cross-functional partners
- Calmly working well under pressure, quickly solving problems, and excelling in a high-volume, deadline-driven ecommerce studio environment
- Possessing experience with Excel database software
- Having the willingness to lead by example and set a positive tone by keeping the studio clean and organized
- MUST have a portfolio that demonstrates expertise styling product photography
- Ideally 5+ years experience
- A passion for Home Decorating
- Good eye for color and composition and a complete understanding of Color Theory
- Ability to speak to and adjust styling techniques accordingly
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills with the ability to convey information in a polite and succinct manner—to supervisors, subordinates and peers
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be organized and detail oriented
Nice to Haves:
- Working knowledge of Capture One, Adobe Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Specific experience styling in a fast-paced commercial photography studio
- Area of specialty --i.e. food, soft goods, florals, still life/conceptual
- Mac literate and tech savvy