- Downtown LA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Senior Visual Designer with strong corporate experience. This role is onsite a long-term contract for 18 months.
- Candidates need to have corporate design experience.
- Looking for candidates with strong Digital or Visual design skills and experience.
- Need to have experience collaborating with other user experience roles such as UX Designers, writers and creative leads.
- Experience working with business stakeholders.
- Prototyping skills are a bonus, but not required.
- Need to know how to appropriately incorporate brand guidelines into their design work.
- UI technical skills are not required
- Role is focused on digital visual design (with knowledge of CMS as a plus).
- Doesn’t require UX skills (nice to have) - focused on visual execution.
- Seeking candidates with experience in gathering business/product requirements and developing design strategy/direction and execution.
- Candidates must have the ability to interact and communicate with upper management.
- Experience supporting complex projects leading design and execution.
- Must be hands on in the execution of designs.
- Please submit samples.
Job Description: Senior Visual Designer
- Under general supervision, leads the creation of visual design recommendation and required artifacts. Collaborates with creative, product, technical and business stakeholders.
- Participates in gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the design. Creates artifacts such as mockups, typographic systems, animation, interactive or static prototypes, illustration and photography deliverables and recommendations.
- Designs solutions inclusive of user requirements, design patterns & best practices, technology trends and project requirements. Gathers and incorporates feedback from end users, project stakeholders, technical and design teams. Works with UX designers and writers to create final artifacts.
- Presents design concepts and explains rationale to team members and stakeholders. Receives and analyzes feedback and makes appropriate adjustments to recommendations.
- Provides input to technical teams during development phase to ensure interactions are developed as designed. Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Creates prototypes to illustrate design and interaction concepts. Demonstrates advanced skills with industry standard prototyping software on Mac OS.
- Demonstrates user experience leadership to the creative team. Provides thought leadership, expertise and mentorship to others. Initiates and leads projects to improve overall digital experience by continuously evaluating user behavior, design and structure.
- Partners with external vendors to influence and advocate for consistency and usability standards. Collaborates within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and recommendations to apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of design and prototyping software and techniques on MAC OS
- Demonstrates the ability to lead projects of significant size and scope
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively influence senior leaders on design matters
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in broad areas relating to user experience, technology and design
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers and team members; demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Requires 4-6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!