AQUENT has a unique opportunity for a UX Content Specialist with a Financial Tech company in the McLean, VA area. This role combines user experience content with conversational AI – partnering technology and content creation.
How people talk about their lives, money, hopes, and fears depends on the person and their unique financial situation, and where they grew up, and who they're friends with, and the economy, and many other factors.
We are looking for someone whose interesting in designing natural conversations with customers. And hopefully that's why you're reading–because you've got experience as a content strategist, technical writer, narrative writer, or conversation designer—or maybe a combination of them.
What will your day-to-day look like?
- Design conversations the company will have with customers. And don't do it sitting alone at your computer; instead, co-write together with your teammates from product, engineering, and marketing. That way, these conversations get to our customers faster, with everyone having contributed equally to their success.
- Create a voice that aligns with the company values, but also fits for different
kinds of customers. Designing natural, helpful, and personalized conversations
that people want to have with this company requires knowing who they’re talking to, and knowing who they are, too. You'll be a content designer on their core AI Design team, which means you'll play a critical role in maintaining and evolving the voice and character of their messaging products.
- Iterate on conversation designs currently in market. Because every day, this company learns a little bit more about what kind of conversations their customers want to have with them ... the language they use to talk about money, the kind of people customers aspire to be, and whether we're building the kinds of products they really need.
- Co-create content with product partners, legal, PR, and other
communications partners. Together, you're designing the entire ecosystem of
content for their messaging products and conversational interfaces, so it's super
crucial that you're a collaborative, inclusive person who can comfortably
transition between strategic planning to detailed execution–from discussing
character design conceptually, to tactically choosing words that deliver the right
message, in the right way.
- Translate functional use cases into conversational use cases.
Successful candidates will:
- Understand complex systems, processes, and relationships
- Creatively solve problems and constantly learn new things
- Be extremely digital-oriented
- Work in an iterative Agile development environment
- Effectively communicate design principles and specifications
- Share knowledge across product teams and lines of business
- Be a storyteller who embraces natural language over flowery, empty prose
- Be an intensely creative person driven by design, language, and learning
- Be a natural leader who sparks conversations, speaks clearly, and invites
others into his/her creative process
- Minimum BA in Journalism, Communication Arts, Technical Writing, or similar/
equivalent experience. Show us your portfolio.
- Minimum 4 years design experience in an agency, in-house, or similar.
Why work with AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.