A Fortune 500 in San Jose, specializing in online shopping, is searching for an Associate Design Director. The role is 6+ months and has the chance to extend/convert based on performance.
Manager, Creative (Associate Design Director)
Are you passionate about developing end-to-end innovative design experiences that leverage industry best practices, cultural trends in compelling ways that drive sales and build brand awareness? The Associate Design Director, combines a passion for ecommerce, digital design innovation, conceptual thinking, smart elegant design, powerful copy, flawless execution working on the world’s leading brands. The Associate Design Director is expected to lead a cross-discipline team of mid-level and junior creative talent to ideate, develop and execute digital marketing programs and experiences across multiple verticals, a broad range of brands with intricate attention to detail, technical expertise and strong leadership skills while ensuring a cohesive brand experience. This role will work closely with the cross functional business partners across marketing, the BUs, creative agencies and the brand team to bring campaigns to life on across all channels. and social channels. Beyond concepting and art direction this role will also be responsible for leading creative development with in-house teams and/or agency production partners and feels equally comfortable rolling up their sleeves and digging in. The right candidate has a balance of creative vision, UI and production experience as is fearless about deliberately breaking the rules to rebuild them more purposefully through the lens of the customer and innovation.
• Lead a cross-discipline creative team, vendors and agency partners to concept, develop and execute breakthrough assets across a broad range of verticals and channels
• Partner with agencies to understand the creative briefs, strategy and expectations for deliverables
• Persuasive, articulate presentations skills and ability to “sell” a concept with a compelling narrative
• Creative self-starter obsessed with innovation, industry trends, pop culture, all things design and passion for developing unexpected brand experiences that drive e-commerce
• Manage, mentor, motivate and inspire development of junior creative resources and keep team accountable to ensure deadlines are met and within scope and budget
Experience and requirements:
• 6+ years of experience as an Art/Design Director or equivalent in digital marketing at leading agencies, or client side at a comparable brand and experience leading (and executing) both art and copy direction
• Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, New Media or related field.
• Experience leading large, complex digital marketing campaigns with
• A background in traditional marketing (brand and promotional TV, radio and OOH) is a huge plus
• An award-winning portfolio that represents a wide range of complex, creatively diverse, high-profile brands and projects
• Proficiency in all Photoshop and Illustrator
• Exceptional communication skills: written, verbal, presentation and public speaking
• Expert creative knowledge in desktop, mobile, display and social design/technical/best practices
• You possess a strong desire to make the complex simple and effective
• You are detailed oriented and can find clarity, despite ambiguity
• You always use the lens of the customer when designing a creative solution
• You have the capacity and willingness to provide and accept open, honest and direct creative feedback in an additive, solution-oriented way
• You have a collaborative working style focused on getting the best solution rather than your solution
• You are a flexible problem solver who remains calm under pressure and can switch gears quickly while juggling multiple competing priorities