Our large financial services client located in Boston is seeking a Visual Designer with specific digital design experience for a 3+ month contract position. The ideal candidate will have a visually stunning online portfolio highlighting their work in the web design/digital space.
The Visual Designer is responsible for delivering effective, aesthetic, on-brand, and on-strategy creative for websites, web pages, product graphics (including art direction of photography), email promotional creative, email templates, social media graphics, and banner ads. They will be responsible for working with marketing channels coordinating support with the internal creative, development and IT teams to achieve execution of business goals.
Qualified candidate is a team-oriented contributor comfortable working in a fast-paced organization, reporting into the Chief Marketing Technologist. The Digital Designer will work cross functionally with the Creative team as well as major business stakeholders within and external to Global Marketing.
• Produce the design and production for websites, product graphics, web logos, social media graphics and banners, static and rich banner ads, email campaigns, and email templates. While some projects may require directing external resources, the role is expected to be hands-on.
• Work with internal and external developers to ensure aesthetics also are aligned with usability, accessibility, and web standards. Work with developers to ensure proper implementation within a web environment and ensure consistency and integrity of the creative vision.
• Manage and produce digital design work, including banner sizing and versioning.
• Proven understanding of typography, layout, color and grid structures
• Communicating with senior team members to receive feedback
• Ability to independently manage multiple projects and clients with changing priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic, deadline-drive, high stakes environment
• Comfortable in a Mac and PC environment
• Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
• Experience in digital marketing/web design with a strong knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, web design and development principles
• Adobe Experience Manager experience a plus
• 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
To succeed in this position you must also:
• Be comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment and managing stakeholders across IT, Sales, and Marketing.
• Be a naturally curious, fast learner that proactively tackles challenges.
• Have the ability to multi-task and handle urgent initiatives and issues with high level professionalism.
• Be organized with an eye for detail and be able to change priorities quickly.