- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Samantha Chen
- Provide online documentation to accompany the Audience Studio platform and other strategic advanced advertising initiatives. This includes identifying documentation needs and analyzing available information, followed by content design and clear, effective writing, all to agreed deadlines.
- Work to Audience Studio technical communication standards and style guidelines and ensure compliance with the company's corporate quality and information security requirements
- Help define and scope writing projects, and take ownership of assigned projects, following them through from planning to drafting to review to revision
- Help improve the organization and delivery of existing content to reduce redundancy, eliminate outdated information, and improve overall documentation experience
- Become an advanced advertising expert and evangelist by developing deep knowledge of the Audience Studio platform, Ad Sales operations, related ad sales and research systems, and advertising client buying processes
- Support other members of the Product Communications team as peer reviewer and proofreader
- Keep up to date on technical communication/user assistance standards and trends, as well as NBCUniversal business objectives and trends in the media and advertising industries
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal teams (e.g., Audience Studio Sales, Client Partnerships, Network Partnerships, Data Engineering, Research & Analytics, Pricing & Planning) in support of their internal education and client education needs
- Contribute to the usability, consistency, and effectiveness of our advanced advertising user interfaces by reviewing/providing language for instructional messages, UI labels, and other microcopy according to predefined UI guidelines
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical writing role with a SaaS company
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Proven experience following the Microsoft Manual of Style, as well as corporate style guides
- Proven experience with a variety of help authoring, information design, and content management tools (e.g., Adobe FrameMaker, Author-it, enterprise wikis)
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle and user-centered design concepts
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong grammar skills
- Proficiency with topic-based authoring and context-sensitive help
- Familiarity with typical approaches to data architecture, application programming interfaces, common database types, and common web programming technologies
- Strong technical skills and the ability to articulate technical concepts using easily understood terms
- Experience working and collaborating with business owners, product owners, and other subject matter experts at all levels within an organization, from the help desk to senior management
- Highly organized and a self-starter, able to prioritize tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Genuine enthusiasm for and commitment to providing high-quality user assistance
- Degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, or related field highly desirable
- Experience building eLearning modules and/or user assistance videos a plus
- Experience producing documentation for APIs
- Familiarity and experience with DITA XML
- Familiarity with and experience working in an Agile software environment
- Familiarity with and experience building and maintaining user personas
- Love of the Oxford Comma a plus
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.