- New York
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
Aquent's client, a Fortune 500 multi-national company in New York city, is seeking a UX Researcher for 8+ months with at least two years of experience collecting and analyzing user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of how users engage with novel products and experiences.
- Collect and analyze user behavior via quantitative methods, benchmark studies, lab studies, and surveys.
- Work with designers, product managers, engineers, and research managers to prioritize research opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Understand and incorporate complex technical and business requirements into research.
- Evangelize research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and oral presentations.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Good working knowledge of statistics and the principles of experiment design.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills.
- The ability operate in a very fast-paced environment.
- A deep desire to apply design toward expanding what's possible and improving the world.
- At least 2 years of experience conducting user research
- Experience with technology products, specifically in the data analysis and visualization space; experience working in a tech environment and working with product managers, UX designers and engineers.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: