- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Heather Preston
Leading Media and Entertainment Brand is seeking to hire a Senior Level UX Designer. The team’s focus is on collaborative, cutting-edge and intelligent design methods in cross-platform experiences. This is a 3 month temporary position with the potential to extend.
Working closely alongside key stakeholders and developers, the UX Designer will help to contribute to and support the creative and iterative process through concept design, strategy and user-centric methodologies – as well as establish and carry out the more tactical experience design through to launch for various digital features and products.
The Sr. UX Designer is expected to bring insight-driven design solutions to the table, be prepared to present their solutions to a variety of stakeholder levels, defend their designs and give thoughtful consideration to feedback.
- Research, concept and execute on all digital platforms
- Help to define, execute and iterate on design patterns, interactions and features for the brand and product initiatives across all platforms
- Help with skills-based design mentorship of junior team members
- Present work to project leads and Directors
- Demonstrate mastery regarding vertical including performance, competitive and comparative
- Design decisions based on data (qual and quant) and work in service of key KPIs
- Execute at all levels of the design process from lo-fi prototyping to launched products
- Partner with content, development and product teams to create new products and features that support and enhance cross-platform experiences
- Know when to both inspire and collaborate with your team to make career-defining work
- 5+ years of experience in UX design: highly trafficked, consumer-driven websites, apps and connected devices; cross-platform experiences; and entertainment.
- Balance of creative agency and in-house experience
- Demonstrated cross-functional collaboration
- Design mentorship or project-based design leadership
- Intimate knowledge of the latest developments in digital technology, responsive design, HTML5, both native and web app design and modern production best practices
- Ability to communicate (both written and verbal) and present complex products, services and features in a simple, intuitive and engaging manner
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work that demonstrates thought process as well as documentation
- Bachelor or Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Interactive Design, HCI or related studies. Masters is a plus.
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.