Our large financial services client located in Wilmington, DE is seeking a Digital Art Director for a year-long contract assignment. Full-time, onsite.
As Digital Art Director you will be responsible for handling multiple projects from concept through execution across all digital media with a primary focus on banner ads, microsites, emails and potentially video. Reporting to the digital creative lead in the bank’s internal agency, you’ll be working in a creative environment collaborating with writers, developers, technology, integrators, art buyers, account leads, as well as other art directors to deliver digital messaging solutions for multiple products and services across multiple defined lines of business. The candidate should be able to marry highly creative out-of-the-box thinking with brand/campaign guidelines while understanding both the challenges and opportunities of the digital channel.
Key responsibilities and skills include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop concepts, designs/layouts and campaigns for client projects, leveraging brand and campaign guidelines while partnering with copywriters when applicable to ensure the art direction and visual presentation support the defined strategy.
• Develop innovative Web/Digital on a project basis for other clients as needed.
• Understand target audience’s needs and behaviors while incorporating best practices and channel learnings to promote the best user experience and drive the best results.
• Collaborate with creative, account services, experiential, production/art studio and extended team members on delivering breakthrough creative solutions.
• Candidate must be comfortable fulfilling both design and execution roles.
• Present and sell ideas internally and to clients.
• Proficient in working with HTML/CSS/JS
• Establish job specifications to conform to project scope and budget parameters.
• Maintain job folders, assets and other project-related documentation.
• Primarily work on Mac but candidate should also be proficient on PC.
• Proficient with apps in Adobe Creative Suite 6 Suite primarily using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro and Dreamweaver (After Effects for motion graphics).
• Helpful if candidate has proficiency using Compressor, Final Cut Studio and QuickTime.
• MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint