Sr. VM Designer w/ 3D -
This is a 3 month freelance position based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week. The role could extend longer.
Senior level Industrial Designer to support a project for about 2-3 months:
- Looking for someone with at least five years of good experience but ideally more –
- Great understanding of the beauty industry competitive landscape
- Good experience of three dimensional merchandising design
- Great design / aesthetic sense, a strong ability to combine graphics, text & imagery with products
- Stellar point of view about customer experience and communication
Prior luxury beauty experience required
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Based on creative requests/briefs, develop designs that are clear, visually impactful, easy to navigate and consistent with overall gondola design.
• Based on competitive landscape, develop top shelf displays to stand out from the competition and highlight new product launches.
• Design a wide variety of global launch, seasonal program and evergreen artwork assets (i.e. front strips, toppers, headers, trend displayers, end caps).
• Create and maintain graphic templates/codes and 3D planograms for Regions to adapt to their local retailer fixtures.
• Design, package and distribute open sell graphics (for production) as needed and under strict deadlines.
• Work with key partners (i.e., Editorial, Sales) to ensure the designs achieve the best results for each product display.
• Render gondolas/stores to show graphic layouts in context.
• Maintain a well-organized database of graphics (on shared server) for each retailer and open sell fixture globally.
• Create digital guidelines/presentations of open sell systems for internal/external use.
• Assessment of creative requests and ability to formulate initial design proposals with little direction.
• Development and presentation of concepts to all levels of management.
• Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
• At LEAST 5 years of VM design experience
• Beauty experience preferred
• Experience with visual merchandising design, including tester displays and gondola designs
• Experience working in a fast-paced, high pressure, creative environment.
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task with agility
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative with an understanding of 3D design
• Can take direction, work independently and collaboratively
• Knowledge of retail trends, and SMC environments