Our innovative Fortune 500 client is in need of a long-term Senior User Experience Designer to create the user experience for the core journeys of Investment Management website. This candidate will also partner closely with product owners, user testing, and engineers to enhance usability as well as the look and feel of these core journeys.
This role in onsite in NYC, mid-town west side, 40 hours a week, 6 months with opportunity extend, healthcare benefits provided, 5 paid sick days, 401k, FlexSpend, more.
- As a Senior UX Designer you will set the vision and drive concepts to create innovative interactive experiences for the full spectrum of devices which include improved creative content, experience flow, improved automation tools, more.
- Creation and development of UX assets including wireframes, sitemaps, state transition diagrams, design pattern libraries and UI elements
- Develop workflows, information architecture, wireframes and prototypes, and other artefacts to describe the user experience
- Interpret business requirements to develop detailed wireframes and translate into visual designs that complies with design standard, including (as applicable) colour palette usage, branding, imagery, layout, and typography.
- Present design thinking to business stakeholders to build consensus around specific solutions, ensure all product designs meet usability objectives and user requirements; work closely with the development team to ensure that the implementation matches designs.
- Deliver UI recommendations in the form of documentation, suggested page designs, story-boards, or a moderate level of prototyping
- A strong portfolio of previous work demonstrating evidence of design ownership in a corporate environment
- Bachelors or Masters in Design, Graphic Arts or equivalent along with 5-7 years of digital agency or client side experience as a design leader.
- Expert in designing user centered design experiences for multiple devices and platforms (web, mobile, iPad, etc.), understanding responsive layouts and how to optimize design for flexible layout treatments.
- Strong negotiation and relationship management skills, including the ability to effectively collaborate/influence at all levels without having direct authority.
- A passion for all things digital, a desire to develop oneself; a hunger to innovate and stay current in trends and techniques.
- Ability to translate business goals into elegant and intuitive interactive designs.
- Extensive knowledge of wire-framing and prototyping tools such as Axure or OmniGraffle, plus visual design tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in user testing and usability analysis and experience working in an Agile development environment
What is it like working with Aquent?
I’m glad you asked! Contracting long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hours per week)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward transportation passes)
- Direct Paycheck Deposit
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/ and free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you! If you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume, cover letter and portfolio link to: firstname.lastname@example.org