- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassie Hunter
AQUENT is supporting a major cutting edge beauty brand in their search for a Sr. Web Developer! The Senior Web Developer will provide high quality code solutions to meet the needs of implementation, enhancement and support of the brand's eCommerce site and CRM program. The Web Developer will lead and implement all aspects of development, front-end, back-end, and database implementation. This position will report directly to the AVP Digital and work cross-functionally between Marketing, Social, CRM, eCommerce and the Digital IT Team.
• Adopt, develop and deploy scalable and appropriate website solutions using the Demandware development (customization) framework
• Generate Digital Consumer experiences based on a foundation of Demandware
• Create / Configure content library/asset/slots/promotion/campaigns/site preferences in Demandware Business Manager
• Develop and implement production processes, including creative development and site publishing
• Help identify and champion best-in-class functionality and tools that will enhance the customer experience
• Project manage site initiatives, features & functionality (including new initiatives, site improvements, on-going troubleshooting and bug fixes)
• Develop responsive experiences on cross-browser, cross-platform devices
• Participate in all end-to-end and regression testing
• Comply with source code and release management processes
• Support integration points and system administrator tasks and processes
• Communicate and manage all phases of active projects in fast-paced environment
• 8+ years’ experience using Web development technologies
• Strong verbal & written English communication skills
• Certified Demandware Developer with working knowledge of additional eCommerce platforms
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud working knowledge
• PMI Certification a plus
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field
• Advanced knowledge of page level development using HTML, CSS
• Experience with XML, SQL
• Experience in Demandware ISML language and Demandware Site Genesis a plus.
• Experience setting up development environment using Eclipse and Terminal
• Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop / Sketch/ Illustrator.
• Fluent in object oriented design and development principles.
• Experience with mobile web development
• Experience with data migration and 3rd party API integrations
• Proven track record in delivering highly visible commerce applications for recognizable brands – Beauty/Fashion experience a plus
• Excellent project management skills, collaborative and process oriented, attention to detail and thorough
• Strong communication skills – must be able to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical team members
• Thorough understanding of Internet technologies and interactive projects
A major beauty brand, but you will be employed by AQUENT. Working with AQUENT gives you access to some pretty cool things:
1. You're paid weekly with the option for direct deposit Subsidized Health/Vision/Dental (including term life and LTD) benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk). Learn more about our awesome benefits here: https://aquent.com/our-dna/healthcare
2. Access to Fidelity 401(k)
3. Access to the Flexible Spending Account Program (pre-tax payment toward commuter passes, etc.)
4. Talent Rewards Program (we pay cash for referrals!)
5. Free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
6. Free online courses via Lynda.com
7. Aquent Support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations. We're also there to help you find new opportunities when you're finishing up your current role.
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.