- Richmond, VA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Cassandra Beard
AQUENT is seeking a Senior Copywriter in RVA who can successfully handle both highly conceptual and detailed nuts-and-bolts work. You and an Art Director will partner to work on a variety of digital & traditional based projects. You’ll be involved with everything from; manuals, how-to-guides, servicing emails, prospecting materials, banners and product page channels up to creating, building and presenting multi-channel integrated campaign experiences. You’ll collaborate with creative teams, digital teams, strategy, product teams and business partners along the way to build and refine your ideas.
You should be:
- A problem solver. Conceptual and strategic problem solving are key
- A big thinker. We’re idea people—you should be too
- A team player
- An excellent presenter—you will be expected to sell your work
You should have:
- Impeccable and multi-faceted copywriting, copyediting and proofing talents
- Superb communication skills, upbeat approach to the day, team-oriented mentality
- Deep understanding of advertising with a strategic approach to the creative process
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities, internal workflow, deadlines and client expectations
- You have a positive attitude and readily partner with all types of people
- You should be just as comfortable with a clever headline as you are with longer copy.
- A clear understanding of tone and the ability to quickly adapt your writing style.
- You understand the importance of creative strategy and you use it to create powerful work
- Take pride and ownership in delivering flawless work with great attention to detail
- The ability to handle multiple projects at once and meet aggressive deadlines
- You understand the benefits of process and you use it to your advantage
- Expert in written marketing communications – long and short form.
- Bachelor’s degree specializing in advertising, journalism or similar discipline; or military experience
- Specializes in Brand Voice and is an expert in Editorial Guidelines
- Pays attention to details - checks for product, consistency, brand standards adherence, spelling, production concerns, other errors.
- Manages his/her own time effectively and autonomously
- Can work with little regular oversight from Creative Director.
- Flags concerns in a timely manner and brings solutions to the table.
- At least 5 years of copywriting experience
- 2 years of experience working in an advertising agency, or 4 years of experience working with a corporate in-house creative team
- Copywriting portfolio submitted with resume. Portfolio should include produced work for integrated marketing campaigns and/or product/technical copywriting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, or Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, or Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism
- 5 years of experience 3 of working directly in the banking/financial industry
- Interest and skills spanning design, video and development as well
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
- AQUENT offers an amazing benefits package. For every hour you work – we'll subsidize up to 85% of your medical, vision and dental premium.
- A team of agents that are invested in your career. We offer resume and portfolio review, interview prep and access to online training.
- We offer the only referral program that continues to give back. Earn a cash bonus for every hour your referral works for up to 6 months.
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
Subsidized health and dental benefits
Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
Access to free online courses via AQUENT’s Gymnasium and Lynda.com to develop your skills
We reward for referrals! Who do you know? http://aquent.us/rewards/