We are looking for a Visual Designer to join our centralized Design Services Team at this large local tech org. This multi-disciplinary team works on a variety of projects across the organization, from executive presentations to brand identity systems to digital art installations to icons and illustrations for Windows products and Web sites .
The ideal candidate will have solid experience in a fast-paced environment working on product design and/or brand implementation. The work is varied, but we do lots of print design (posters, t-shirts, stickers), designing PowerPoint templates and polishing presentations, creating infographics and branding/visual identity (i.e., creating logos for internal teams, efforts or events).
Portfolio/Reel review required and previous experience working at large enterprise company will help to be successful in this role.
• Design graphics elements, assets, and visual approaches that are user-centric and responsive
• Ensure that visual designs are the highest quality through close collaboration across disciplines such as Product Management, Visual and Motion Designers, Development and Research teams
• Display a meticulous sense of detail and ability to seek out simple solutions to complex design challenges
• Create and manage brand standards and style guides for products
• Maintain visual consistency and quality throughout the products
• Produce mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, visual language guidelines, visual comps, prototypes, scenarios, process flows, information architecture diagrams, wireframes, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve user experience designs
• High-caliber visual design skills; a deep understanding of typography, composition, and layout principles. Attention to details and style consistency.
• Expert knowledge of the Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) and MS Office programs (Word, PowerPoint). Sketch, Figma or other UI design tools may be helpful
• Knowledge of contemporary visual design conventions, principles, and best practices.
• Experience with designing for mobile applications, interactive and/or web-based products
• Excellent communication skills; written and verbal.
• Ability to organize individual work, scope interactions in task and workflows, and collaborate with multiple stakeholders on timelines and deliverables.
• Strong time management skills with minimum need for oversight