- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Corey King
As a Conversation Designer, you’ll leverage your expert knowledge of human language and communication to create seamless and natural interactions for digital systems across surfaces. You will be in a unique position to create voice-only and voice-forward experiences for products as diverse as Home Entertainment, Automation and Security, Automotive, Wearables, and more.
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Linguistics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of experience in designing voice user interfaces and/or multi-modal interfaces across a variety of user contexts and device types.
- Experience with qualitative usability testing.
- Experience on a design team that ships consumer products.
- Experience in persona designing/writing.
- Experience in designing and tuning directed dialog and natural language speech grammars.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of relevant topics in discourse analysis, pragmatics, and prosody.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: