Aquent's client is looking for a Copywriter (digital and some print) for a 6-month assignment with STRONG potential to extend, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Oakland, CA.
This Copywriter will work across all types of projects from digital to print to content. You will partner with designers and project managers to write copy across all brands. The majority of the projects are in digital and include emails, website content, and social media.
- Create copy for a variety of brands and brand voices under the direction of the Associate Creative Director. Copy will include headlines and body copy for emails, websites, and social media.
- Concepting and brainstorming with the designers and ACDs.
- Cross-collaborate with the creative department - may be called on to help brainstorm, give feedback, or assist with other projects.
- Manage workflow according to schedules and timelines
- MUST have a portfolio highlighting your digital and print copy experience
- Experience copywriting for digital and print in a variety of brand voices. Digital experience required.
- A strong understanding of different voices and styles of writing.
- Knowledge of social media channels and best practices of different platforms, especially Instagram, Snap, Pinterest, and Facebook.
- A good editor who can take copy written by other stakeholders and edit for brand voice.
- UX/UI writing with understanding of how copy helps users interact with digital.
- Scriptwriting for short-form content and video.
- Conceptual ability to create new ideas from creative briefs.
- A fearless collaborator. Comfortable working in a creative workshop environment and working with colleagues to develop stories.
- Ideally, 5+ years experience working inside agencies and/or in-house creative departments.
- CPG experience a plus
- Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Mac OS X environment) experience is a plus
- Sketch and Invision experience is a plus