Direct Hire Opportunity!
This is an exciting creative position within our client's dynamic creative agency, The Beacon. The designer will impact a wide variety of company's businesses, with the primary focus on Hospitality — including but not limited to world-class lodging, golf, spas, well-being, dining, shopping, and Chocolates & Brandy line.
The Associate Creative Director is a digitally savvy specialist in Design, Aesthetics and Communication. This is a role of influence and partnership. It is expected that anyone in this position will bring innovative ideas and has the ability to deliver those ideas to completion as leader, collaborator and hands-on contributor. As an Associate Creative Director, it will be important to provide creative team mentorship, COE and business partnership, along with the confidence that good ideas can come from anywhere and fostering those ideas as a collective goal. Ideal candidates will have an excellent portfolio of design and digital work, as well as strategic conceptual thinking applied to a wide spectrum of brand-building & marketing challenges. This position reports to Executive Creative Director.
Creative Product Output:
- Has hands-on expertise in visual design including, but not limited to typography, brand system & logo design, image-making and layout/composition.
- Has ability to create and provide creative feedback to improve design across all mediums including print, digital/web, live action shooting, video content and photography
- Has ability to collaborate with creative and account leads in the proactive development of broad-scope business-building initiatives — ie. Thinking “big picture.”
- Cultivates and drives innovative digital content and experiences via online, mobile social and environments
- Ensures the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects designed to deliver results for the team and the business
- Displays global awareness and an understanding of global advertising
- Delivers original ideas that are clear, concise and convincing
- Actively contributes to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability; continuously push the edges of what’s possible and inspire creative excellence
- Is a student of the industry – keeps abreast of current trends and technologies to maintain leading edge and credible
- Has expert knowledge of business they support (SWOT’s, key markets, stakeholders, brand quality and capacity)
- Assures full trust in covering business partner meetings – can present ideas in a clear manner, can defend a point of view regarding those ideas, and is an active listener and problem solver when feedback is provided
- Has a respectful and partnering relationship with all teams within the group – account, strategy, project management, design, studio production, photography, retouching, digital, social, etc.
- In partnership with VP & Executive Creative Director, manages outside vendor and agencies as well as freelancers and contract workforce as appropriate.
- 10+ years experience in advertising or an idea-led creative agency
- BS, BA, BFA or relevant degree required
- Portfolio to demonstrate creative abilities
- OMNI-Channel experience – TV, Print, Digital, Social, Content/Video
- 2+ years leadership of creative team preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Solution oriented, nimble problem solver
- Nurturing, collaborative, confident, level-headed
- Effective presenter
- Committed, respectful, with empathy