Our Top Fortune 500, eCommerce client is seeking a Category Marketing Manager to join their team.
- Develop category specific, customer-centric, marketing plans with attention to detail; focused on driving combinations of awareness, acquisition and retention. Liaise heavily with media, brand, and retention teams to ensure business objectives and supporting key marketing strategies are met in a timely manner and within budget.
- Leverage internal creative teams and agencies to build breakthrough creative to drive category adoption and growth.
- Obtain deep category knowledge to help drive category growth at scale and influence marketing-adjacent decisions (pricing, product launches, merchandising, assortment, curation, packaging, design). Collaborate heavily with Retail category teams.
- Manage relationships with business partners within the Retail organization to ensure alignment on goals and visibility into Marketing’s impact; identify and seek approval to attack new opportunities.
- Build, track, and monitor category-specific marketing performance; manage campaigns (leveraging various internal marketing teams and agencies when needed); track to specific forecast and budget. •Grow an understanding of consumer habits for your categories (online and offline) through 1st and 3rd party data and research, to effectively and efficiently acquire and retain customers and grow LTV.
- Ideate on and share results cross-functionally, constantly. Act as ambassador for your categories marketing across cross-functional teams.
- Partner with internal and external leaders (design, merchandising, tech, product management, and senior executives) to deliver on cross-functional marketing campaigns with tight timelines, high visibility, and material impact.
- Establish and maintain expert knowledge of the latest innovations and opportunities impacting the marketing landscape and our partners. Develops business strategies for assigned Marketing categories (for example, search engine optimization (SEO))
- Develops continuous improvements to online marketing systems, processes, and capabilities
- Ensures business needs are being met Manages the budget for assigned Marketing category (for example, search engine optimization (SEO))
- Manages vendor relationships and contracts for Marketing initiatives Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity