We have a very exciting contract to hire Creative Director opportunity at a growing beauty / cosmetics brand. They are looking for somebody who can lead their eCommerce revitalization.
The ideal candidate will have a background where they can conceptualize, create and produce 360 degree, digital-first marketing campaigns across all customer touch points: web, email, social, print, retail, packaging. Sets global brand style guidelines for all touch points, ensuring all campaign assets ladder up to guidelines. Serves as leader of customer experience to ensure our client is delivering upon brand promise to new, potential and existing customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads ideation and brainstorming to yield innovative and digital-first creative to be applied across all media and all channels
- Formulates concepts and supervises team engaged in executing campaign assets across all media, both on- and offline
- Develops and owns brand style guidelines, including photography, typography, voice, website look and feel and print/packaging look and feel
- Reviews work of others for consistency with brand style guidelines, marketing campaign objectives, current marketplace trends, accuracy and innovation
- Requests estimates with awareness of budget; develops and maintains vendor relationships
- Assigns projects and directs creative team members to develop design concepts, prepare assets, and see all approved design through to production
- Reviews, approves and presents final assets to upper management for approval Understands software and tools needs to enable digital-first development
- Establishes SOP’s and ensures team maintains creative library for all assets
- Develops team members with awareness of building bench strength
- Directly supervises creative staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Design - Generates creative solutions; Translates concepts and information into images; Uses feedback to modify designs; Applies design principles; Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Ability to solve problems with other team members.
- Project Management - Develops project plans and oversees progress; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
- Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict and achieving resolution; Maintains confidentiality;
- Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others and their ideas and tries new approaches.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds appropriately to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Leads and participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others and their views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone& their efforts to succeed.
- Visionary Leadership - Displays passion and optimism; Inspires respect and trust; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Delegation - Delegates work assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives authority o work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement
- Takes responsibility for subordinates their activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular performance feedback; Develops subordinates and their skills and encourages growth; Solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes products and services; Continually works to improve supervisory skills.
Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
**Please note to be considered for this role you must currently be a Creative Director with at least 2 years experience with that title and managing a team of 5+**
- A Bachelors Degree (preferably in a related field) and 6-10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years managing a team of 5+
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have expert knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat. Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite Powerpoint, Word, Excel are required.
- Design, Marketing and Business Skills and Abilities-Expert knowledge of typography and page hierarchy; understanding of how to market to millennial women; ability to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and provide solutions on the fly; ability to proofread the work of others. Professional/business communication skills (written/verbal).
- Experience in directing photo shoots