This Application Developer is responsible to define, create, and support automation and analytics solutions for global operations. Individual must be able to lead small to medium sized projects to deliver results. Key accountability is to implement internal customer-facing and data foundation solutions and processes.
• Design, develop and deploy automation solutions for both human processes and data integrations
• Perform analysis to ensure data quality and normalization across multiple systems
• Develop and maintain working relationships with other departments and teams to ensure effective implementation of core business strategies and procedures
• Serve as a project resource on application and infrastructure project efforts representing the event management and vulnerability reporting capabilities
• Own small to medium sized projects to expand and enhance team solutions and services
• Maintain adherence SLA’s and provide status on automation projects and opportunities
• Associate’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent.
• 5+ years of System Administration and Support, Workflow Development, Scripting or Application Development experience.
• 5+ years of PowerShell, .NET, SQL experience
• 5+ years of C Sharp experience
• Broad knowledge of information technology and solutions
• Strong analytical and time management skills and customer service orientation.
• Ability to exhibit initiative, discretion, tactic and good independent judgment, and provide escalation based on established procedures.
• Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines.
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team, build strong relationships at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and understand business imperatives.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with the IT organization, management and business personnel.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate with business unit heads, service managers to understand demand for usability resources and assist in sourcing internally or externally as needed
• Coordinate with business unit heads, service managers to understand business and functional requirements related to end-user experience
• Create user-centered designs based on business and functional requirements, user research, market analysis, customer feedback, and usability findings
• Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, usage scenarios, navigation maps, and prototypes
• Lead and/or participate in user research and usability testing to help improve the user experience
• Review and analyze user research and usability reports, for use in determining best user interface design solutions
• Interact with information architects to understand how information is stored, modeled, and tagged, and identify ways to visualize and present information in a user-friendly manner to end users
• Communicate user experience designs to internal stakeholders to get buy-in, feedback, and negotiate trade-offs
• Document and communicate user-interface design specifications to in-house or third-party software engineers for implementation/coding
• Coordinate with cloud application vendors to negotiate the required customizations for enhanced end-user experience
• Coach business analysts, designers and developers on usability standards and best practices
• Contribute to the design standards and promotes user-centered design throughout the organization
• Develop guidelines, standards, and user-centered design processes and ensure that they are fully integrated into the user-centered product development lifecycle
• Strong communication and presentation skills including the ability to interface with other parts of the IT function and external parties
• Lead and foster the Usability Communities of Practice.
• More than five years of recent experience as a user experience/user interface designer, human factors engineer, animation, or comparable roles across a variety of solutions
• Expert in user behavior analysis and usability design
• Competent in information visualization
• Working knowledge of information architecture
• Experience with wireframe prototyping tools such as Axure, Sketchflow or Balsamiq, and equivalents
• Ability to perform functional requirements analysis and business domain analysis
• Able to coach peers on usability standards and best practices so as to improve organizational capability
• Able to influence and champion usability in an organization (communicate value of usability to executive and project leadership)
• Able to manage multiple projects and tasks at one time; flexible and adaptable when priorities shift due to changing situations
• Able to multitask, meet deadlines, prioritize requests, and work independently while producing quality work.
• Experience working in an agile development cycle
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively with both business partners and other IT professionals at all levels of the organization
• Highly motivated and a self-starter. Able to work independently as well as collaborate well with teams
• University degree in the fields related to human computer interaction, usability, human factors, industrial design, psychology, computer science, or related field
• CUA Certification is a plusAbout Aquent
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
You're paid weekly.
• Subsidized health (including term life and LTD), dental, and vision benefits.
• Access to 401(k) through Fidelity.
• Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward public transit, etc.)
• Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
• Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
• Access to free online courses via Lynda.com.
• Aquent support: we check in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up.)