Associate Design Director, Visual Merchandising-
This is a temp to hire freelance position based onsite in NYC with a global beauty brand.
General role info-
1. Person needs to be very strong in VM to help bridge 3D work
2. This person will be working in salon spaces, development of new pieces for point of sale and displays
3. Ideally a hybrid person who can handle print, design and 3D (open to 3D rendering systems, nothing specific needed)
4. some immediate work will be looking at linears - retail and salons
5. If the person has a natural internior design interest or passion that helps!
6. if they have store design experience, that's ok but they don't want an architect background
7. beauty/fashion background is ideal but open to others. Familiarity with Ulta/Sephora a plus
8. this role doesn't oversee anyone, but if it goes perm then 1-2 direct reports
9. direct team is about 3 people (about 20 people total on entire creative team)
The primary role of the Associate Design Director, Visual Merchandising is to work closely with the Design Director to develop and ensure that all brand retail, merchandising presentations are consistent and representative of the brand image throughout all environments including: our own stores and retail areas,
Retail Stores both Domestic and International.
• Lead all creative for Visual Merchandising in salon and retail. Work in collaboration with the Creative and Marketing teams to interpret product launches and campaigns.
• Create and organize planograms, collateral graphics, installations and 3-dimensional displays.
• Work in partnership with Marketing and Sales to maintain and updates launch planograms in retail and salons.
• Illustrate, maintain and archive products illustrations, fixtures, case lines and units for salon and retail planograms.
• Guide product placement, reinforces brand messaging, and inspires the customer
• Merch and set up launches in client stores.
• Attend meetings, present concepts and report on status of current projects to Design Director.
- Provide Director with a weekly activity report
- Manage multiple projects and timelines
- Presentation and implementation experience within visual planning
- Keeps abreast of the merchandising field and new innovations - Build and maintain a catalogue of interesting resources and inspirations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Position requires 5 years of experience in either Visual Merchandising, Retail Store Design or Industrial Design. Preferably in hair, cosmetics or fashion.
Strong graphic design skills with the ability to translate brand and campaign identity to graphic standards and 3-dimensional environments.
Strong ability to render and communicate ideas and strategy.
Responsive and flexibility with Creative and Marketing input, and great visual sensibilities. Business maturity and professionalism
Problem solving, and knowledge of how to execute installations, both in client stores and other retail environments. Great organizational skills and a strong eye for detail.
Highly motivated, always looking to take initiative.
Understanding of current Fashion/Retail trends, ability to identify and translate trends in the industry and the consumer marketplace. Well versed on Mac platform; Illustrator, Photoshop, In-Design, SketchUp, Maya or equivalent 3-D drawing program, all Microsoft programs. Thorough knowledge of all digital file formats and their best-practice applications.