• Work with the Design Team and Creative Leadership Team to understand the product's vision and design gameplay/complete tasks to meet those goals across many platforms
• Shape and drive a design vision, UX, tone, feel, goals and quality bar
• Contribute to task & dependency analysis, scheduling, and risk mitigation plans
• Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams.
• Generate design ideas; present and sell designs to the game team. Understand player needs and motivations and integrate them into game design to contribute to user features and functionality.
• Work with the development team to maintain quality as they implement new features
• Work with analytics, research, and user feedback to ensure that the customer’s desires are being fulfilled
• 3-5 years work related experience required.
• 2+ years design experience in console gaming
• Has completed at least 1 development cycle in a design role on a shipped console game
• Excel at cross-functional communication and scoping designs to fit a schedule
• Possesses a strong critical eye and passion to “find the fun” in the player’s experience
• Self-motivated and drive for excellence. Able to work by yourself or as part of a team
• Willingness to explore, iterate and collaborate on difficult problems
• Ability to pitch and land new approaches and ideas
• Utilized telemetry, analytics, and hosted services in products and services
• Knowledge of the Minecraft franchise including differences between the PC, console, and mobile editions and the various modes of play available in each
• Familiar with approaches to player personalization in popular games