- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
We are seeking a consultant to work with our client's Analytics team in Tableau. Successful candidates will bring experience in both creating and implementing changes to reports, along with an affinity for design and displaying information. As these reports will be used regularly to inform key decisions, candidates should have a strong desire to display information that is fully validated, easy to understand, and delivered on time.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy solutions using Tableau dashboards
- Research source data and design solutions that provide high-performance visuals in Tableau
- Interact with and present to users during the requirements definition process in helping design the solutions
- Reviews and helps with the estimates provided by the team and validates them against the requirements and the timeline for the projects, suggesting alternative approaches as needed
- Develop documentation of coding standards, training, and support
- Train other BI developers to use Tableau
- Participate in defining best practices around report development, testing, access management, and report refresh scheduling
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Minimum 3 years experience in Tableau development
- In-depth knowledge of data visualization best practices
- In-depth knowledge of interfacing Tableau with external data sources
- In-depth knowledge of relational databases (e.g. Oracle and SQL Server), including data warehousing concepts and best practices
- Proficient in troubleshooting performance issues and debugging code
- Proficient in SQL
- Clear and effective communication, both written and verbal
- Experience working in an agile or SCRUM based environment
- Ability to test and document end-to-end processes
Successful clients will be asked to complete a background check and drug test prior to start.