- Hartford County, CT
- Job Terms:
- W2, depending on experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Blythe Churchill-Joell
Our client is seeking a strong Presentation Designer to work in collaboration with copywriters and project managers and to focus on creating and producing marketing, brand management and senior executive level presentation requests. The Presentation Designer will bring a passion for design and excellent creative skills to transform ideas into visually engaging presentations.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Communicates information visually with the use of color, typography, photography, animations, charts, graphs and diagrams
- Adheres to brand style and standards while creating effective designs
- Consult with business partners to understand their challenges and verbally provide smart solutions
- Develop creative concepts transforming sometimes complicated text-heavy presentations into concise, visually engaging experiences
- Partner with department team, project managers, account managers, proofreading, art directors, and print production manager
- The presentation designer may also be tasked with helping out with other visual design projects such as icon production, digital banner ads, HTML emails, print brochures, photo resourcing and retouching and trade show graphics as needed.
- Customer-centric with excellent interpersonal skills and perseverance
- Creative and collaborative and a great listener
- Deadline driven with the ability to prioritize multiple projects
- Well-developed verbal and written communications skills
- Resourceful and adaptable to change
- Critical thinker who is comfortable asking questions about project requirements
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced environment
- Lifelong learner who stays current on presentation and design technology and trends
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Candidates will bring at least 3-5 years of professional design experience, preferably in an advertising or marketing environment. Experience with creation of Marketing, Communications, Multimedia, and Brand Development is key.
- Degree in graphic design or comparable field, with focus on communications and design
- Outstanding design and typography skills with an emphasis on conceptual storytelling
- PORTFOLIO of communications work for clients that demonstrates the ability to understand image formats, resolution and size, as well as upholding brand guidelines. Must include presentations demonstrating a clean design aesthetic.
- Nimble learner with the ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Ability to build strong relationships with client and agency team members; team oriented. Experience collaborating with others on larger scale projects and also in working with clients to deliver requests on time and on budget
- Professional presence, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and astute enough to ask the right questions
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint. Proficiency in CS6 Creative Suite: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign (Adobe After Effects a plus)
Accepted candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start