- Hartford County
- Job Terms:
- W2, Hourly, Depends on Experience
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Kimberley Strayer
Our client is seeking a User Interface Designer, to wrangle data, insights, conceptual thinking, information architecture and UX together to make things easy for the end users. Reporting to the Digital Strategy & Design lead within a corporate in-house agency, the perfect candidate will partner with fellow creatives, the account team, IT and internal digital teams to craft solutions that engage and delight. The User Interface Designer is a mobile-first evangelist and a big-picture thinker who works fluidly across multiple media experiences. This person will manage individual work on assigned projects to ensure deadlines are met while effectively communicating with the project team on status and next steps.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
While most people have no idea what you do or how you do it, you know exactly what it takes to collaborate, ideate and provide technical guidance to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. The Senior Front End Developer translates business objectives into creative solutions with technical implementations that integrate seamlessly with back-end technologies. If you are passionate about developing rich interactive digital solutions that move a brand forward, we’d like to meet you.
- Strong attention to detail and understanding of UX and visual design concepts to provide leadership perspective on front and backend technologies and their overall impact on the creative process
- Work closely with internal and external design, business, and technical counterparts
- Provide technical leadership at a project level
- Mentor associate or junior designers
- Align client goals with digital best practices and stay current on digital trends
- Partner with all stakeholders, clients, creative staff, and key vendors to ensure realistic, actionable plans are put in place
- Lead conversations with partners by asking the right questions, getting to the heart of digital assignment
- Provide guidance on UX
- Responsible for meeting deadlines from project start to finish and staying on budget. In addition, responsible for knowing in scope versus out of scope changes and being able to effectively communicate those changes to the team
- Participate/collaborate in creating strategic proposals/recommendations, specifications, scope documents, cost estimates and schedules
- Maintain and grow strong vendor partnerships. Identify gaps in vendor needs and partner with strategic sourcing group to identify and onboard new vendor partners
Our national insurance industry client practices what it preaches, and has a strong health and wellness focus as part of their company culture. As a part of their organization, even as a freelancer, you can expect to be included in that culture!
What else can you expect from this organization?
As a congenial and collaborative culture, they’ll welcome you as an equal contributor, and value your opinion when it comes to creative and marketing project creation and delivery.
They’re fully committed to an Agile environment, adopting and utilizing standard Agile practices daily.
These folks are committed to getting it right, and as such, are quite focused on metrics and ROI. “Measure twice, cut once” is a common phrase that could possibly apply to their project teams. That’s why they value candidates with previous knowledge and experience in designing & managing to drive metrics, and have a keen eye for those with insurance industry experience.
This is very much a matrixed organization, so bring your A-game and communication skills! You’ll be networking with any number of stakeholders related to your creative and marketing projects.
Being a larger corporation, the meeting schedule is sometimes heavy. With a strong ability to stay organized and focused on your deliverable, you’ll thrive here!
Certain locations benefit from on-site fitness center facilities, Starbucks, and free parking. Our advice? Bring your walking shoes! Your day has a built in mini-workout. Parking in the CT facility tends to be a bit of a walk from the (very large!) main building, but that will make your fitness tracker happy!
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks
- Confident; you trust your gut
- The right combination of thoughtful and actionable
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work well under deadline pressure
- Passionate and have a desire to learn and report on industry/competitive trends
- Invested in the business and want to learn more about how we can deliver ROI with our creative approach
- 3+ years of experience working at an advertising, design, consulting agency, web startup, or equivalent education/professional experience
- 3+ years of experience with:
- HTML/5 and CSS/3
- Adobe Creative Suite
- User flows
- 1+ years of experience with Responsive Design, grid frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.), and developing on multi-platform/multi-browser compatibility (IE 8+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) on Mac, PC, tablets and mobile devices
- Strong communication and organizational skills with an ability to thrive in a fast-paced production deadline- driven environment both internal and client facing
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s a plus) in Computer Science / Marketing / Advertising / Interactive Design / Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving abilities at all levels
- Goal-oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed
- Adaptable and flexible; open-minded, innovative and creative
- Self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills, effective oral and written communications skills required
- Proven consultative, persuasive/sales skills required
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with quick turnarounds and flex as priorities change
- Experience using Agile/Scrum process to develop large-scale eCommerce and content management websites (using platforms such as Hybris, AEM, etc.)
- Experience in creating project estimates, defining scope requirements, and structuring projects
- Ability to solve complex development problems and produce the highest quality code while striving to push the technical boundaries of online applications
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining strong attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to W3C and accessibility guidelines
Successful candidates will be required to pass a drug test and background check prior to start