Our top education client is looking to hire a web developer for a 6 month assignment with potential to extend longer. Comes with W2 pay and a generous benefits package. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH EMBER.JS .
- To provide technical knowledge as part of the Design/Develop Team that directly supports business needs, employee development, and internal tool efficiency.
- Partner with instructional and graphic designers to create engaging, high quality learning solutions for internal Pearson employees.
- Construct configurable, reusable, scalable, and secure software solutions.
- Develop building blocks for eLearning player and framework
- Create functionality that supports high quality/engaging solutions that integrate graphics, audio, video, and animation to achieve the required effect within the design approach.
- Create solutions that are Section 508- and SCORM-compliant.
- Test, troubleshoot, and adapt online solutions based on quality feedback and Learning Management System (LMS) and Course Management System (CMS) deployment requirements.
- At least 2 years of experience building elegant and responsive Web interfaces.
- Prior experience working in the eLearning industry is a plus.
- Experience with mobile application development.
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Third party API integration experience
- Experience deploying SCORM-conformant solutions.
- Experience with git or mercurial pull requests and code reviews.
- Past experience using Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline, or other SCORM development tool.
- Demonstrated experience creating and following coding standards.
- Proactively seeks out new innovations and continuous learning.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to any given situation.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently and in a team based environment.
- Ability to be self-motivated.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent customer service attitude, communication skills (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills. Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related area preferred.
Candidate can sit remote, however would prefer someone onsite in IOWA CITY LOCATION