- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Angela Castelo
Our client is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer for their Finance Technology group (many teams within Finance Tech have apps with existing UI’s or a plan to build UI’s within the next six months or so). The intent of this position is contract to hire. Our client is building this team out, so this person could move to a manager role after they convert to a permanent employee. Management level/Fortune 100 experience would be ideal, but not required for consideration.
1. User Stories
3. User Flows
4. Sketches (low-fidelity designs)
5. Wireframes (mid-fidelity designs)
6.Interactive Prototype (mid-to-high fidelity designs)
7. Usability Testing
8. Design Patterns
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience as an interactive/user experience designer.
- 5+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer or similar role.
- Proficiency in a variety of standard design tools such as Illustrator, InVision, Axure, Balsamiq, Photoshop, Visio, and Dreamweaver.
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience with building user interfaces across a range of platforms including desktop and mobile.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with software development engineers for implementation of designs.
- An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions (flows, prototypes, wireframes) and solid visual designs (mockups and style guides).
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Comprehensive understanding of the current state of web technology and best practices.
- Experience defining and maintaining design patterns and UX standards.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts, clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Experience driving user research/usability tests and interpreting usability test data.
- Experience with agile/scrum.
- Familiarity with the technical considerations involved in designing for complex systems.
- Customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and comfortable working on highly technical teams.
- An unfailing passion and capacity to advocate on behalf of our users.
- Experience and/or familiarity with financial and accounting systems and concepts.
Our client is world-renowned e-commerce and cloud computing company considered by many to be the world’s most customer-centric organization. Based in Seattle, our client is known for having small, agile, and innovative teams made up of members who think big, are always curious, and have a strong bias for action, and high standards.
They are an equal opportunity employer that prioritizes diversity, and equality, and encourages all employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work each and every day. Their top priority is understanding how their customer is evolving and they remain diligent in providing convenience, affordable products, and unrivaled customer service.
Many offices are located in the heart of Downtown Seattle/South Lake Union and are well-known for being dog-friendly!