Title: Special Event Coordinator (Marketing)
Location: Denver, CO
Hours: 8:00 -5:00 some weekends may be required
Length of Assignment: 11/2018-02/2019
Skill Set: This position provides planning, development, coordination, implementation and marketing support of major special events throughout the region. This position coordinates and executes event-marketing initiatives for the agency and its programs at the direction of the Manager, Projects and Contracts, to ensure consistent marketplace brand and program awareness. Serves as a secondary client liaison and advisor, defines, coordinates and executes project parameters and performs pre- and post-project follow up to ensure goals are clearly defined and met.
· Coordinates and implements plans for major special events.
· Administers the selection, oversight and evaluation of vendors for project and reconciles vendor accounts for the event.
· Recommends and assists in the implementation of communications plan to publicize event.
· Works closely with marketing and public information staffs to develop advertisements, news releases and other communication efforts to publicize event.
· Coordinates and implements strategic marketing and promotional plans for services and programs and identifies opportunities for ongoing project enhancements
· Coordinates project parameters, components, and schedules and assists with managing all components of the project lifecycle, including timelines and budget considerations
· Must have and maintain a current and valid motor vehicle operator’s license without restrictions.