- Boston, MA or Woonsocket, RI
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Lauren Rosner
Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for 3 Accessibility Assessment Experts for a 6-month assignment, with strong potential to extend, based in their Woonsocket, RI, Boston and Florham Park, NJ offices
- Candidates MUST have deep knowledge of WCAG 2.0 and Section 508, a good understanding of accessibility and usability for disabled people, and experience with assistive devices and building accessible web products.
- This role focuses on discovery and documentation, not development. The team is looking for Accessibility Assessment Experts, not technical experts.
- This individual will do an audit of internal applications and web properties with the expectation to access and document all accessibility issues within in application, possibly including recommendations for fixes (this role focuses more on their intranet, time management system, etc - not public-facing web properties)
- This is more of a testing need rather than one that aligns with the specific business/design/coding business units
- Provide website accessibility services to conduct full website reviews, analysis and then documentation to be used for future updates. Remediation and functional testing are not likely to be a part of this role.
- Assess and optimize website designs through review and analysis of user needs to meet the website accessibility needs.
- Provide assistance and remediation guidance to designers, developers and QA.
- Provide regular status updates on completed tasks and planned testing tasks as outlined in the project schedule, issues, risks, and other action items
- Direct previous experience with designing and testing websites to ensure conformance to WCAG 2.0 – Level A/AA, Section 508.
- Experience with app review is a major plus
- Experience using Web Accessibility Evaluation Tools
- Should have multi-tasking abilities, be able to meet deadlines without compromising quality
- Documentation skills are important
- QAing background (with an accessibility angle) is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
This client is a fantastic consideration for those who want to combine working with a large retail brand and a true “do-good”, customer-centric focus. Most people we’ve placed here say the company’s loyalty to and personalization within the healthcare services industry is a standout characteristic. Their approach to this way of thinking about their business and the industry is having a direct impact on the size of the teams, and we’re seeing massive growth. What a time to get involved!
Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!