- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Katie Denfeld
Aquent's Client is seeking a dynamic professional to support the execution of the company’s community engagement and outreach strategy in the Northeastern U.S. An experienced candidate who will help to coordinate internal and external community-oriented events; recruit and enlist company employees to support the events; develop processes to operationalize informal activities and manage data collection/analysis to create metrics of success.
The ideal candidate will have event management experience and be familiar with the urban NYC and Boston communities. Experience in grassroots organizing, nonprofit association management or philanthropic foundations is a plus. You will join a team that builds and maintains relationships with government officials, community groups, NGOs, and academia to ensure that The Client is a good neighbor in our communities.
As a Community Engagement Coordinator, you will work with internal partners and external stakeholders to plan, develop, evaluate, and continuously strengthen our relationships with the communities we serve. You will forge new non-profit and community alliances; explore new opportunities for corporate philanthropy and create processes to align and integrate our community engagement with the Client mission, public policy priorities and our standing as a pillar of the NYC and Boston technology ecosystems.
Successful candidates will be knowledgeable of broad trends in municipal-level public policy dialogue. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for positively impacting the community. Well-developed written and verbal communication skills, experience managing cross-functional teams and adept at collaborative problem-solving. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
- Assist in building stronger relationships with local communities in New York and Boston. Special attention will be given to disadvantaged communities.
- Assist with the sourcing and evaluation of non-profit and community partners for Client mission alignment
- Conduct post-event evaluations to determine how future events could be improved.
- Coordinate services for events, such as accommodation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security.
- Assist manager with the development of operating strategies, plans, or procedures.
- Direct activities of external agencies, establishments, and departments that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Direct details, such as financial operations, dissemination of promotional materials, and responses to inquiries.
- Meet with sponsors and organizing committees to plan scope and format of events, to establish and monitor budgets, or to review administrative procedures and event progress.
- Monitor event activities to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and laws, satisfaction of participants, and resolution of any problems that arise.
- Develop a familiarity with Client mission, culture and values and articulate their value to community stakeholders to enhance local brand visibility, our local community stewardship and net contributions to the NYC area technology ecosystem.
- College degree
- Basic proficiency in, or capacity to quickly learn, cloud-based productivity applications
- 1-3 years' experience with event planning, coordination, and activations
- Strong skills in project coordination and task prioritization
- Deep understanding and appreciation of Client mission
- Ability to travel to Boston as needed
- Willingness to attend off-site meetings and events, sometimes after normal business hours
- Working knowledge of non-profit compliance and vetting processes, and their implications for corporate giving
- 1-2 years' experience with metric definition, data collection, and analyses for program/outcome evaluation
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Public Affairs/Administration, or a related discipline
- English-Read Write Speak
- Spanish-Read Write Speak
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.