Aquent's client, which is experiencing huge growth in a trendy market is looking for a UI Visual Designer, doing interaction design work for an up coming search project for ecomm/ mobile and potentially app.
This is a contract role for a 3 months, and hopefully go on longer to new projects.
The (Mid/Sr.) Digital Interactive Visual Designer is strategic, articulate and extremely organized as well as a team
player who collaborates with Creative Directors, UXA’s, Business Analysts, Marketers, Developers and third party
partners. They will work within the brand and UI style guide to produce layouts that are on brand. The Interactive
Designer will partner with writer and business owners to finesse language and messaging points for collateral. As
well as work with wireframes to produce high-fidelity visual design for digital customer experiences.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
• Elevated taste level and innate ability to create unique, own design elements and experiences, with strong
typography and layout hierarchy skills
• Solid understanding of user experience and interaction design across all digital platforms – how to craft an
interaction that will intuitively lead a user through a flow. Must have a good eye for design and attention
• Business maturity: imperative to be able to takes ownership of the project and connect and collaborate
with internal business owners and third party partners to produce. Works autonomously yet connectedly
• Understands the big picture and what needs to be done to get the job accomplished against tight
• Willingness to listen to constructive criticism and make changes according to feedback delivered by
marketing, business owners and creative directors
• Ability to employ critical thinking and sound judgment when making decisions about visual design
Works quickly and error free
Builds clean, accurate development ready files for the developers
Constructively thinks rather than just executing tasks
Be a constant advocate for the user: willing to ask questions of various stakeholders to make sure end
work product meets the user's needs.
Will work closely with the print, email, digital marketing and social teams on multiple pieces of the same
campaign – ensuring cohesion of all campaign and brand elements
**SPECIAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS**
1. Collaborates closely with business partners to elevate digital cross-channel guest experiences on site, mobile and app platforms
2. Works within predetermined as well as newly created templates to design brand landing page and updated e-commerce responsive experiences
3. Very experienced with Adaptive and Responsive design
4. Solid Mobile App Design experience is a plus (IOS & Android)
5. Experience with Augmented Reality a plus
6. Perform quality assurance testing on existing and new features: QA/UAT
7. Participate in design and development reviews
8. Can create high fidelity prototypes in InVision to present to the business if needed.
9. Can problem solve and add to or update the UI brand guide and libraries