Associate Global Store Design
This is an onsite Associate, Global Store Design,freelance position with a Global Beauty Brand. This position will be based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week.
JOB TITLE: Associate, Global Store Design
REPORTS TO: Executive Director, 360 Retail Experience
LOCATION: New York Office
Partner with the Executive Director, 360 Retail in the conceptualization, coordination, and successful execution of Store Design and Visual Merchandising concept and guidelines regarding new store concepts, free standing stores, department stores, product launches, promotions, events, and basic business in all regions; ensure that Store Design and Visual Merchandising guidelines are consistent with Brand aesthetics.
• Responsible for design and communication of store and input to visual merchandising concepts for Global and NA
• Evaluate Global guidelines to ensure that they are consistent with brand aesthetics.
• Liaise with Cross-Functional teams (Global Marketing, International, Travel Retail, CSPD, NA and Creative departments) to gather necessary materials for Store Design and Merchandising.
• Understand and articulate the SD and Visual Merchandising Design department’s visions, goals, and strategies.
• Review design projects to ensure requirements, pertinent, and being completed in the most effective way possible.
• Work with team to creatively “think outside the box” when completing design assignments.
• Manage and provide direction to visual merchandising and store design team
• Develop and seek new vendors, agencies, manufacturers and contractors to broaden the resources
• Undergraduate College degree; Bachelor of Architecture, Industrial Design, or Fine Arts (or equivalent).
• 2- 3 years of related experience
• Proficiency in 3D modeling program (Sketch-Up), AutoCAD, Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Good communication, organizational and presentation skills
• Knowledge of retail environments (Free Standing, Department and Specialty Stores).
• Minimal travel as needed for store design punch list, vendor review, and retail site visits.