The primary function of the Document Controller/Specialist is the quality of Document Control products and services to project teams and compliance with project excellence.
-This role will be accountable for the implementation of existing document control specifications.
-This role will be accountable for tracking contractor and vendor deliverables throughout the project lifecycle (recording revisions, revision purposes, distribution and transmittal histories).
-This role will be accountable for the reliability, irretrievability and traceability of the project data.
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence in a timely manner.
- Ensuring that each applicable metadata field is accurately updated and maintained in each Master Deliverables Register
- Preparing and implementing squad checking documentation in accordance with procedure and distribution matrices.
- Preparing accurate status reporting based upon the metadata designations and submitting at the determined frequency (per project basis).
- Alignment with the Document Control standards and ensuring any deviations due to project-specific needs are controlled and traceable.
- Providing back-up document control support as needed on other projects
- Intermediate to expert proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and Excel 2007.
-- Experience with, and comprehension of, deliverables management (revision control, deliverables registers, squad checking and libraries.
- Experience with, and comprehension of, transmittals and correspondence management.
- Experience in implementing document management systems to support physical and electronic environments.
- Ability to converse and convey ideas, facts and issues clearly, accurately, coherently and professionally to a diverse project team.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of experience
Bachelor's degree is not required as direct experience is more important