- Pittsburgh, PA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Suzy Thompson
Our client seeks a designer with experience in visualizations for an on site assignment in Pittsburgh, PA!
• Visual & Interaction Design: High fidelity design specs(figma files) need to be created for map making features
• Information Design: Determine the information that needs to be represented by the users based on their role, task, task mode, and data availability. Information design for synthesized data vs raw data. Design for progressively revealing information based on demand vs natural flow. Design for aggregated computed, and raw data at various zoom levels.
• Qualitative Test: Some of the features in Map need to be prototyped (paper, digital representation) and need to user tests. Evaluate the information/feedback from users and determine courses of action to try out different experiments.
• Quantitative Test: Metric-driven testing to determine which test maximizes the user experience and quality output.
• Cross Design Coordination: Designer on this team will interface with many stakeholders. Will conduct ongoing design reviews with engineering, users and product team.
WORKING WITH AQUENT: freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health (including term life and LTD) and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your pay check
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Access to free online courses via Lynda.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)