- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Erikah Miller
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Digital Writer on a contract basis. Under general supervision, this person partners with business stakeholders and collaborates closely with creative and technical teams to write and edit online content for the Marketing Team.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Gathers and understands business and marketing requirements and goals in order to develop content and messaging strategy.
- Collaborates with business partners and project teams to identify and document a thorough understanding of business content and marketing requirements.
- Ensures web content and marketing strategies are in alignment with business goals and objectives.
- Keeps abreast and analyzes company, industry and regulatory changes in order to determine applicability.
- Writes and edits web content that meets project goals and end user needs.
- Produces content and messaging strategy documents, such as copy decks, dynamic messaging and promotional banners.
- Ensures online content complies with corporate brand standards, web style guide, legal and compliance.
- Collaborates with creative teams to ensure copy and design meet the business goals/objective and user needs.
- Participates in the development of content style guides, messaging strategies, best practices and processes.
- Contributes to the ongoing enhancements of the content, web tools and style guides.
- Partners with other writers within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and make recommendations that apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Recommend a variety of user experience and content design principles, best practices and procedures.
- Reviews analytics on an ongoing basis to understand user behavior to recommend changes to content and messaging strategies.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
This client is one of our largest financial services clients. But don’t let that stop you from reading further!
We place so many freelancers here who consistently tell us its one of the best places they've worked. Why? The teams, the culture, the management, and most recently, the client’s willingness to recognize that it was important to step up to the digital demands of the marketplace:
A new CMO and high level digital leadership that have transitioned in from top technology, retail and CPG companies
Transitioning their marketing structure to Agile methodology to be able to deliver valuable content to its audiences faster
They even followed this up with a floor remodel, to support the methodology, creativity & collaboration
We hear often that the constant here is change. The company is consistently trying new approaches that they think will improve not only their product offerings but the worklife as well. If you’re used to “going with the flow”, this is a great opportunity for you!
These are key elements to be able to walk away with and add to your resume, especially if you’re coming from a traditional marketing structure. What a great way to help transition your career in this trending direction!
- Updated Resume
- Corporate Writing Samples