- Hollywood, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Hollywood, CA is seeking two Sound Re-Recording Mixers for a 3-month temporary assignment with the possibility of extending. This will be 100% remote and hours may vary between 15-40 hours/week. Candidates must have their own equipment and 5.1 Surround sound and Stereo. To be considered candidates must provide their IMDB page and a sample of their mixing reel.
The Product Video team is looking for a driven, innovative and experienced Sound Re-recording Mixer with skills in surround mixing to support our core mission of continuing to establish the brand as the number one destination for home entertainment. This role will serve as an integral player in the creation of and exploration around trailers and promotional videos for Original and licensed content.
- Creating surround mixes 2.0, 5.1, 7.1 (Atmos not necessary but a plus...) for video assets and various audio innovation projects to be played on our streaming video service.
- Editing sound effects to picture using licensed libraries as well as designing custom effects for our Original video assets (trailers, product previews, promos, recaps, innovation assets)
- Collaborating closely with video editors and producers to create compelling narrative driven creative assets
- Working with various cross-functional partners on special internal projects
- Must be a seasoned audio expert in editing and mixing all common audio formats, sample rates, video frame rates, and traditional multi-channel audio configurations (2.0, 5.1, 7.1)
- 5+ years in a post-production sound mixing capacity (studio, agency or freelance)
- Expertise in non-linear editing platforms (Pro Tools, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of video editing software (Adobe Premiere, Avid)
- Knowledge of A/V deliverable formats & workflows
- Ability to self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Love television and movies? With over 9 million streaming customers in 100+ different countries, our client is shaping the future of global entertainment. They are focused on bringing new stories to millions of people worldwide by creating and promoting original and exclusive content.
- A self-starter
- Naturally curious
- Able to quickly adapt to change
- Always looking for new ways improve
Then this could be the right opportunity for you!
Working for our client, you’ll enjoy
- A creative and fast-paced atmosphere
- Opportunities to work on industry leading projects
- Breakfast, lunch, and snacks catered daily
- Commuter shuttles
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers