Our client, a Fortune 100 Energy company, is looking for someone who has specific experience in Service Design, Systems Thinking, Design Thinking, and Value Stream Mapping. This person will be part of an enterprise-wide transformation project and will participate in all aspects of user research. We’re looking for a UX Researcher/Service Designer with the ability to tackle the problems from a more holistic view, taking into account the extensive backstage workings of how a company works and delivers on customer experience, as well as organizational and behavioral considerations. A strong researcher who embraces this holistic way of working and thinking would be an excellent fit!
Candidates should be able to plan, manage and execute projects independently, be confident in their abilities and flexible enough to adapt to ever-changing requirements. Any experience in with financial services would be desirable but not mandatory.
Day to Day Activities of the Role:
• Apply research to interactive design, consult on advanced understands of user centered design and user research methodologies and interaction design.
• Lead highly collaborative design workshops and requirements gathering sessions with business and technology partners
• Conduct usability research both online and in the field and provide recommendations for improvement.
• Perform user testing and analysis of internal applications
• Plan, conduct and synthesize generative and evaluative research using standard methodologies
• Work with the design team to assess and modify applications
• Work with project business representatives and team members to test business requirements using heuristic/qualitative methods.
• Collaborative, Analytical, Self-starter
• Organization - able to synthesize huge volumes of data
• Improvisation & Adaptability (handling pressure, changing priorities)