This role is with a design team that is in the process of building the next iteration of the company’s design system! Very new team, slowly developing new design iterations. You will collaborate with third parties to gather requirements and make sure needs will be met with the new designs. Working with native and new web technologies.
This role will work with design guidelines, building out framework pieces inside of different technologies for engineers to build out products. You will work with client partners to make sure designs stay coherent and cohesive, as well as analyze their requirements. XAML, React, other frameworks technologies. Competitive analysis to make sure designs are staying consistent.
Designs user interfaces for web, software, and/or hardware products. Writes functionality design specifications. Design and implement prototypes, mock ups, task analysis, usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams. Generates design ideas; presents and sells designs to product group. Understands customer needs and motivations and integrates them into product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- 3-5 years’ work related experience required.
- Strong knowledge of user interface and functionality design required.
- Strong creative skills and ability to generate design ideas required.
- Experience creating and implementing usability studies, personas, user flows, wireframes, style guides, navigational structures, and affinity diagrams is required.
- Strong knowledge of web technologies (i.e. HTML and CSS). Fluency with standard design software tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc) required. Strong interaction design and web technology skills (i.e. Flash) may be required.
- Strong knowledge or experience with database served websites.
- Experience working with rich client or web applications is a plus.
- Must have the ability to understand and integrate customer needs and motivations into specific areas of product design to contribute to user features and functionality.
- Must be familiar with industry standards and trends. Strong communication skills as well as the ability to work independently and as part of a team required.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.