Assistant Manager, Visual Merchandiser - Beauty
This is a temp to permanent freelance position based onsite in NYC, 40 hours/week with a high end beauty company. Prior Luxury or High end experience preferred.
Our client is a major beauty company and a brand that represents hope, healing and one man’s deep respect for the power of the living sea. They are a collaborative, dynamic, creative and closely connected group that has built the brand into a global beauty powerhouse and a leader in ultra-luxury skincare.
This position works with the NA Creative Team in the conceptualization, coordination, and successful execution of Store Design and Visual Merchandising concept and guidelines regarding new store concepts, department stores, product launches, promotions, events, visual layouts. Ensures that Store Design and Visual Merchandising guidelines are consistent with client's brand aesthetics.
• In collaboration with VM Manager, work on launch promotions, visual weeks, visual merchandising guidelines for all store in NA market.
• Create DTO's for custom units and design proposals.
• Understand and articulate the SD and VM department's visions, goals, and strategies.
• Collaborate and partner with other departments (2D print, digital / social, events) to ideate concepts and create layouts for production.
• Render store / fixtures to show designs in context. Assist with additional renderings when needed.
• Design, create mechanicals, package and distribute merchandising designs (for production) as needed and under strict deadlines.
• Based on creative requests / briefs, develop innovative designs that are consistent with overall look and feel of campaigns. These include (but not limited to) temporary merchandising displays and environmental graphics that can be utilized in different fixtures and store designs.
• Maintain a well-organized database of graphics (on shared server) for each program developed.
• Develop and seek new vendors, agencies, manufacturers and contractors to broaden the resources.
• Undergraduate College Degree: Bachelor of Architecture, Industrial Design, or Fine Arts (or equivalent).
• 3+ years of related experience
• Beauty and/or fashion experience is required.
• Experience with VM design, including tester displays, environmental graphics, window displays, props
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
• Knowledge of AutoCad or drafting programs
• Proficient in 3D design software (Rhino preferred, others accepted)
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task with agility
• Must be a self-starter, flexible and imaginative with an understanding of 3D design
• Can take direction, work independently and collaboratively
• Knowledge of trends in the beauty, fashion and/or art world