- This posting is for a potential future temporary opportunity of 3 -12 months
- Must have demo reel / digital portfolio link on top of resume to be considered
- Must have proof of eligibility to work in the US as W2 employee, sponsorship not available
Whether you’re guiding a user through a shift in context or expressing the personality of your brand, motion and animation are key ingredients to refine a user's experience on every screen— from mobile phones and tablets to desktops and beyond. At this top tech company, we use motion design to help tell a product’s story, guide our users, improve usability and make the user’s experience responsive and fun. As a Motion Designer, it’s your job to apply your passion for animation to simplify complex interactions and solve challenging design problems.
In this role, you’ll help define and implement motion design language across all platforms — this includes driving the creation of best practices, collaborating with visual and interaction designers, and working product stakeholders. You will lead efforts in designing, documenting, and helping the team to execute on the overall product motion language. You’ll collaborate with your fellow designers to expand the motion language into an innovative and emerging new space.
- Create motion design with strong narrative and design concepts
- Collaborate with Interaction Design, Visual Design, research, and engineers as they incorporate motion into their work to enhance interactivity and delight users
- Create artifacts and/or documentation that enables Android developers to build software that fosters a delightful user experience
- Provide patterns, best practices and guidance on animation and transitions for different devices and platforms
- Gauge the usability and delightfulness of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. motion, interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Portfolio that includes motion and interaction in motion graphics, illustrations, web, mobile and/or software contexts
- Software motion/design experience, Cinema 4D specifically required
- Propensity to focus on detailed aspects of motion and experience, often related to physics, patterns, and visual design elements; ability to use motion to express sentimental or emotional experience
- Ability to communicate complex, sometimes abstract, design concepts clearly and persuasively.
- A strong acumen for user experience design and how motion design influences UI & interaction design (and vice versa)
- Best in class portfolio demonstrating command of motion and interaction
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships