- Universal City, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
My Client is looking for a Jr. Photo Editor for their pop culture and celebrity news division. This position is located in Universal City, CA and is a full-time, temporary position slated at a 1 year assignment.
- Experience with digital photography and a strong eye for photography a must.
- Passionate about news, familiar with all of the web's top news sites and blogs, and with current entertainment news.
- Minimum 2 years of editorial/research experience, preferably in the entertainment business or equivalent.
- Experience using online paparazzi & stock photography sites as well as entertainment media press sites.
- Familiar with photo rights & clearances.
- Mac & Internet literate Excellent communication skills a must.
- Strong research skills.
- Organized, able to handle the pressure of a fast-paced environment and still maintain a strong attention to detail.
- Creative, self-motivated, organized, and able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Applies creativity and innovation to work processes.
- Willingness to be collaborative and take direction.
- Must work the afternoon-evening shift of 12pm-8pm Sunday-Thursday and be prepared to work overtime and weekends when necessary.
- Passion for Pop Culture necessary.
- Expert level proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Assist producers & writers with photo/video requests.
- Coordinating rights & clearances, digital photography and negotiate usage fees with photo agencies on a daily basis.
- Fulfill daily show and digital needs for editorial stories while maintaining technical and visual standards.
- Review daily email pitches from photo agencies and flag/pitch ones that would be of interest for potential stories.
- Locating and downloading hundreds of images per week from our online wire accounts.
- Able to resize, retouch and color correct photos.
- Use/maintain internal CMS (Content Management System) to organize entries and keep track of imagery and costs.
- Complete various annual assignments such as award show packages; film festivals packages and various other large events.
- Continuously researching new ways of enhancing the photo department’s capabilities to meet the online and on-air needs.
- Have the ability to negotiate usage fees with photographers, paparazzi and stock photography agencies when needed.
- Organizes and maintains the constantly growing photo archive daily.
- Process/maintain/organize cost reports and keep records of all purchased material.
This media and entertainment client is on a mission … and they need you to help them do it. Their mission? To change the world through compelling content. Does that sound like a mission you can get on board with? If so, here’s what you’ll find working here:
They foster creativity and diversity. Diversity of ideas, and people. They see it as one of their biggest advantages.
They’re risk takers - again with the fostering creativity! Take a chance, make a mark, and see where it gets you. Sometimes, the biggest successes come from the biggest ideas, masked as the biggest risks.
Overwhelmingly, their employees are happy with their work environment. Words like ‘happy’, ‘content’, ‘friendly’ are words we tend to hear.
A sense of ownership. Have an idea? Manage projects? Run with it, and they’ll support you.
How better to further your career than with a major media brand encouraging you to push yourself on the job? Unleash your pioneering spirit here by embracing new technology, pushing the envelope creatively and jumping into action as a well respected member of their team.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
If you are a fit for this position, please email your resume, work samples and cover letter to Jennifer at firstname.lastname@example.org.