- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jordyn Hively
- Joining the in-house brand creative team to produce designs for the Education Modernization Team and its current and future programs
- Social Media Support: collaborating with team to design/maintain posts + overall look/feel across all social channels
- Mailer Support: design mailers inside MailChimp
- Digital Support: design static/interactive digital banners, digital PDFs, and PowerPoint presentations
- UI/UX Support: design program user experience flowcharts, processes, etc.
- Print Design Support: design pamphlets, flyers, booklets, packets, etc.
- Special Event Support: design signage, promotional swag, and collateral
- Misc Design Support: design infographics and illustrations
- Pushing strategies + concepts developed by Senior Graphic Designer to the next level through design execution
- Working with cross-functional partners and team members to assist in design strategy with programs
- Research and analysis of design for peer programs to always stay up-to-date and relevant
- Passionate about solving community/cultural engagement issues through design
- 1-2 years experience in an agency/studio/in-house setting
- Proficiency with Adobe Suite, especially Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Photoshop
- Experience generating and pitching unique/creative design concepts
- Excellent design fundamental skills, including typographical and layout skills, acute attention to detail, physical prototyping mockups, presentation skills, and staying up-to-date with design trends
- Experience interacting in a professional and friendly manner with clients
- Experience working independently on multiple projects at once, prioritizing to meet deadlines within short time frames
- Some knowledge of HTML and CSS to build/maintain websites
- Experience with data collection, data input, and managing work calendars
- Ability and desire to adapt to new technologies and tools
- Prior knowledge with the volunteer, non-profit, and/or ed-tech sector a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Proficiency with video skills and the Adobe After Effects/Adobe Premiere Pro programs a plus
- Proficiency with MailChimp and Salesforce a plus
- Bachelor's degree in Visual Communication Design/Graphic Design
This TOP social media company, headquartered in Menlo Park, CA, was built to help people connect and share. Over the last decade their tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate. With over two billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at this company offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem solving mode
- Take part in global internal conversations that are happening with stakeholders, wherever they may be located, who are the best at what they do
Additionally, check out all you’d have at your fingertips:
Paid Time Off:
- Freelancers are eligible to accrue up to 15 days of PTO per 12-month period. Accrual begins on your first day of assignment thereafter. Non-exempt workers (hourly) accrue 1 hour of PTO for every 16.67 hours. Accrued PTO can be used after your 91st day on assignment. PTO can be used for holidays, personal time off, vacation, and sick time.
- Transportation to and from San Francisco/Oakland to their campus in Menlo Park CA.
- Communal beach cruisers are parked everywhere, making it easy to get across the 57 acre, 11 building campus.
- Bike Repair Shop.
- Meals are provided (and we’re not talking about a small cafeteria)! It is like Disneyland with all of the amazing options you have available. You will never get bored with all of the restaurants you have to choose from.
- The football field-sized grass roof deck is available for you to use at your leisure! With beautiful views and tons of space, it is great place to relax and enjoy your lunch every day.