- McLean, VA 22102
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a UX/UI Designer in McLean who is ready to take a "dull and cumbersome application" and give it a better look and feel. Hello, user experience is kind of a big deal when you are a Fortune 40 organization with a great reputation. The UX/ UI Designer needed for this role will be a harmonious blend of strategy - taking a high-level consultative approach paired with the ability to deliver and produce UI designs. This is for a long-term onsite assignment.
Why as a UX/UI Designer would you be interested in this role? First, this entire project is about knowing the customer. The first step to doing any meaningful design! Isn't it nice when the business goals align perfectly with your teams' goals? You will get to build out a customer facing web application which guides new customers through the on-boarding process. This process requires...you guessed it...LOTS OF boring data points. How can you make it more engaging, interactive, and simpler.
EASY APPLY: send your resume & portfolio directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Day to Day:
- Work with users to learn their work flows, data points, issues, challenges, and identify where improvements can be made
- Consider and design UX patterns that will serve the customer through this process
- Develop UI patterns
- Partner with 2 Product Managers
- You will learn and use the existing design system in place
- You will spice up the process, make it cleaner and easier
- You will make the system more engaging, more interactive. (Are these words over-used in UI/UX job descriptions?)
- But seriously, if you are strategic thinker with design skills. And you enjoy looking at an application where complex information must be gathered to best to serve the customer ~ and want to help make this whole experience better this could be a great fit for you!
- Hands on design work
- strong UX experience
- Consultative approach to design
- Sketch and/or Adobe Creative Suite
As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience. They are Fortune 40 organization that has been on the Top 100 Best Companies to Work for list 10 times!
And what you can expect working with them?
- Working for an organization committed to changing the way people interact with technology in their daily lives
- An open, collaborative, diverse environment where ideas are welcome
- The work you do will reach millions of customers and end users
- A Work Life Balance – it’s a core company value
Why do you want to work through AQUENT?
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized (up to 85%) of your health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly pay check