Aquent's client is seeking a Senior User Experience Researcher for a direct hire/full time role in San Francisco.
The Design Research team’s mission is to inform and influence product decisions with exceptional insights about people, technology and services in our current and future world. They spend their days bridging the gap between physical and digital experiences, and adding value to people’s everyday lives by creating transportation options and economic opportunities.
What you will do:
Customer Focus: Growth and Customer Communcations
Mostly qualitative work/methodologies
- User interviews for design sprint
- Card sorting
- Journey Maps
Wins with Stakeholders
- Has multiple product lines
- Making recommendation on research efforts - understanding company priorities, negotiating resource allocations.
Day to Day
- Build the product roadmap - plan for following year
- Understanding the domain - being the user advocate
- Covering the major roadblock for users - need to design the survey
- Growth Platform - One of the major platforms we are working with
- Will serve all the new launches and responsible for all of user base.
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including field observations and interviews, remote and in-person usability studies for existing and future products
- Design and conduct quantitative studies, such as structuring and analyzing surveys to evaluate impact of product changes and gather insights at scale
- Identify and explore new opportunities through creative research methods and co-design sessions to help define product roadmaps, vision, and strategy
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, designers, product managers, data scientists, marketing and operations managers, and engineers to ensure research you deliver is integrated into every aspect of the product and provides a holistic view of our users
- Synthesize and communicate research findings to inform business decisions through rich storytelling via presentations, reports, workshops and any other novel, creative approaches that you invent
- Adapt and innovate research methods to meet product needs by delivering high quality insights in a fast paced work environment, and by contextualizing for specific use cases across products such as car rides, food delivery, and couriers
- Build empathy across the organization to improve the products we build for our riders, driver-partners, couriers, and employees in cities all around the world and always champion for our users
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 + years of experience in a product development research setting
- Ability to travel within the United States and abroad
- 1 + years directly interacting with Stakeholders
- MS or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or a related field
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a product development research setting
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research questions within a given domain and of technical tools for the analysis of data within that domain
- Previous experience driving research programs that have had a lasting impact on product and design decisions
If you’re a researcher unafraid to push the limits and looking to work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment, I'd love to talk with you.