Sr User Experience Researcher
We are also double checking our budget to see if we can handle another researcher on our end as well as perhaps support other projects for the first researcher mentioned.
The Sr User Experience Researcher will be an integral part of IT Transformation. In this role, you will participate in all aspects of user-centered design to provide expertise and guidance in order to delivery superior user experiences to our business partners for web, desktop, mobile and beyond. The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centered research and has a wide breadth of experience in both qualitative and quantitative methods for generative and evaluative research.
1. Visualize ideas using professional design tools as well as sticky notes, sketch boards, whiteboard markers or whatever tools are necessary to rapidly work through research and ideation and move to the next stage.
2. Plan, conduct and synthesize research using standard methodologies and outputs including: personas,
stakeholder interviews, contextual inquires, ethnography, journey mapping, service blueprints, mental models, task analysis, card sorting, usability testing, customer satisfaction monitoring, focus groups, and competitive analysis.
3. Work closely with interaction designers and design team to formulate research plans that drive end-user satisfaction and measurable business goals.
4. Design and conduct various types of research activities, including early design concept testing, rapid iterative testing, eye-tracking, remote testing, surveys, benchmark studies, usability test, heuristic evaluation, etc.
5. Identify gaps between the current and the ideal user experience to drive innovation focus and purpose.
6. Continuously challenge the effectiveness of design, recommending changes, as appropriate.
7. Bring research back to project teams and help drive decisions based on research and usability studies.
Experience & Skills
Bachelor’s in Human Factors, Interaction or Product Design, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, or related field (or equivalent professional experience); Masters preferred
5+ years experience applying research to interactive design
Advanced understanding of user-centered design user research methodologies including quantitative and qualitative techniques for both evaluative and generative research