- El Segundo, CA
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Jennifer Lee
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. It’s no surprise my Clients UX teams are leading the way, making us a top provider of digital television entertainment services, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
To maintain our lead in a competitive, ever changing industry, my Client is looking for a talented Spatial Interface Designer to join their team to support the next generation design of our multi-platform entertainment experiences. This is a full-time, temporary assignment in El Segundo, CA.
In this role you'll be a key member of a diverse team, contributing to vital steps of the creative process as you build your skills that will help lay the foundation for your career.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- UI Design: You work with UI and UX leads, UX and UI designers, business owners, product managers, and engineers (developers) to build high quality, user-centered UI design in VR/AR/MR/XR environments.
- Collaboration: You will be part of creative brainstorming, ideation, rapid-prototyping, and other problem-solving with user experience and visual designers, engineers and other stakeholders on multiple projects. This also includes strong collaboration and alignment with teams responsible for online, mobile, and TV experiences to ensure customers' needs are met across all media.
- Execution: You will create well executed design that also reflects sound UX thinking. To achieve this, you will work closely with UX designers. While a considerable portion of your deliverables will be in headset-based environments, you will always need to consider how your work fits in the larger system.
- Research Participation: You will be working closely with our internal user researchers to support usability and focus group test plans as well as prototype support (paper, interactive prototypes, or animations as appropriate).
- Project Execution and Support: You will be an advocate for the design process throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring the best experience gets implemented. This includes reviews, presentations, and of course making sure your high-quality deliverables meet deadlines.
- Team Culture: Help to foster a fun, collaborative and supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
Desired Soft Skills & Talents
- Inquisitive: Naturally curious about new technology and hardware, and its relevance and value to people.
- Initiative: A dedication to driving projects, anticipating challenges, meeting deadlines, and managing time.
- Collaboration: Work effectively within and across teams with multiple personality types and cultural backgrounds. Contribute productively, constructively and respectfully to debates during design development.
- Communication: Crystal clarity in speech, writing, and presentations to a variety of audiences (ex: engineers, managers, executives).
- Receptivity: Able to learn quickly and apply new knowledge adeptly.
- Agility: Works comfortably in a fast-paced, evolving environment across.
Required Knowledge & Experience
- Degree in Interaction Design, Game Design, Information Architecture or equivalent in user interface design work experience
- Experience in designing for AR/VR/MR/XR environments
- Experience working directly with engineers (developers) to implement human-centered designs
- Motion design experience a plus
- Online portfolio required, demonstrating:
- Exceptional user interface design or game design that is well thought out and of high quality
- Experience designing for entertainment products a plus
- Software proficiency
- Unity3D, 3D modelling programs
- Adobe Design Suite is a plus
- Knowledge of programming languages a plus
- A passion for TV and entertainment!
The world loves TV! But the traditional world of video content distribution and consumption is changing dramatically. Our client is leading the way, as a top provider of digital television entertainment services, and backed by one of the world’s largest communication companies, delivering a premium video experience through state-of-the-art technology, and unmatched programming to more than 37 million customers in the U.S. and Latin America.
As a marketer, designer, developer, writer, or manager, if your passion is technology, this is where to look! Our client is innovating ways to bring not only its day-to-day technical products to the consumer, but is also keeping up the way they’re offering them, constantly adapting the standard of their own apps and digital experience. As part of their team, you’d be contributing to that innovation and digital experience, while gaining the experience that comes from working with two major technology brands.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by AQUENT
- 401k Plan
- Flexible Spending Account
- Perks and Discounts at leading major retailers
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
If you are interested in pursuing this opportunity, please forward your resume and portfolio to Jennifer Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance for your time.