Our client is hiring a Senior Software Engineer with strong .NET Developer experience to assist with running the back-end of the maps team. This is a great opportunity to work with a cutting-edge technology stack, including Azure Services. In this role you solve problems in distributed and concurrent computing, including cross datacenter geo-replication, disaster recovery, work distribution and large scale data migration. Ultimately, you will design an API and object model to support new experiences for millions of users!
This person will help improve the quality of data that gets to the downstream clients. The candidate will work on ingesting data, testing data, and implementing internal tools to help monitor and identify improvements in internal processes. The Engineer will test, debug large features of the data platform, and devise ways to measure load & performance.
Finally, a current tool is in place that analyzes scripts and can pinpoint bad code. This tool needs to be modified and enhanced. This person will create an overall workflow mechanism that triggers automated deployments.
• Developing Azure based measurement infra: involving azure resources and expecting person to be hands-on. e.g. MVC / web-app / webjob / webapi/ worker roles / queue / service bus / scheduler / table & SQL storage / application insights / logging etc.
• Developing productivity tools for automating various repetitive tasks e.g. query-sets creation, DRI support tools etc.
• Debugging & fixing bugs with existing pipelines to help meet the SLAs.
• In addition, you will be expected to follow agile methodologies and need to be familiar with git / code flow / Visual studio / CI & CD concepts.
• 7+ years of relevant, professional experience
• Azure Deployment, Azure Auto Scaling (or similar Cloud services)
• Familiarity with CI/CD pipeline
• Programming experience needed in C#, .NET & SQL.
• Solid understanding of .Net framework internals
• Azure Data Lake Storage: ADLS; U-SQL
• Experience in cloud computing and big data analytics
• Cosmos: Experience workflow building in Cosmos, and doing automated deployments
Additional Competencies/Nice to Haves:
• Experience with Jenkins, Azure VMSS, Python – nice to have, but not required
• A commitment to best practices
• Willing to take initiative and ask questions
• Deal positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities
• Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing