- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- posted by:
- Jordyn Hively
As a Design Manager, You'll work closely with Creative Producers to deliver a shopping experience and fixture design that meet business objectives, Copywriters to craft consumer facing messaging that compliments the designs and overall user experience, Visualization Artists and our Production team to prototype, develop, and realize your ideas, our internal Photo Studio to craft eye catching photography that compliments your narrative, product development teams, engineering teams, outside agencies and more.
Top 3 Responsibilities:
- Successfully craft a vision for Channel Retail fixture executions that support Our brand and commercial objectives with an understanding how executions will translate globally.
- Partner with x-functional teams to successfully craft a creative vision through visuals (storyboards/mood boards, drawing/sketching, ideation, materials, and textures) while understanding the context, insight, and design realities at retail.
- Collaborate with internal design resources such as modelers, 2D designers, copywriters, tech engineering and production development to realize and prove out design concepts and execute work that delivers against business objectives and budget.
- BA/BS degree required with at least 8 years of experience in an experience design capacity within an agency or at a consulting firm with a well-known brand and retail design industry/environments and fixture design experience is preferred.
- Strong executive presence and experience interfacing with senior leaders.
- Must be self-motivated, articulate, and possess excellent verbal, written communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Proven design portfolio that shows a clean, modern design aesthetic and out-of-the box thinking.
- Ability to work smart in a fast-paced, high-growth (and a little crazy) environment.
- Proven ability to perform and apply design skills, including architectural design, space planning, visual presentation development and layout, proportion and scale.
- Ability to demonstrate new thinking where creative boundaries around digital and physical integration come together to deliver a rich user experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate, lead, and manage complex projects from concept to production within associated timelines with multiple stakeholders and be able to storyboard, illustrate, or translate ideas into designs and develop innovative solutions.
- Strong experience using Adobe creative tools and design or CAD software/technology to visualize designs.
- Ability to manage electronic files and libraries for use by multiple parties.
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: