- New York, NY
- Job Terms:
- posted by:
- Courtney Schaefer
A full-service video production & content strategy agency within a Fortune 500 multi-national tech company in NY, seeks an associate producer for 12+ months who can shape powerful narratives for videos, both during pre- and post-production. This team is small and scapy, but they make a massive amount of videos across many inside brands. Video content can vary from instructional how-to videos, to mini-docs about their users, to social-first videos for Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. But no matter what the content, their goal is always to tell good stories.
The NYC-office-based associate producer role will be split into three primary responsibilities:
- Story Producing
- Logistical Coordination
Key Skills and Requirements Research:
- The candidate must be a skilled researcher, and be able to use these skills to find compelling people, places, and stories to profile in our videos. There is often no road map for finding the very specific types of users that various Client teams want featured in their videos. You will need to be able to uncover these users through various methods without direction.
- The candidate must understand the tenants of good storytelling and be able to shape a compelling narrative during both pre-production planning, and when working directly with an editor in post-production.
- Pre-production story plans should be clear and easily executable by field crews around the world.
- Must have the ability to manage production logistics when needed, such as bookings, scheduling, and facilitating client feedback.
Other skills that are a must:
- Ability to work at a fast pace and handle multiple projects at once.
- Two years minimum video production experience in a similar role.
- Journalism background preferred.
- Minimum Bachelors in video production, journalism, or related to field
- Minimum two years experience in video production space
- Research, Story Producing, Storytelling, Project Management, Video Production, Production coordination, Multi-tasking
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of: