The Digital Platforms Group in the Enterprise Technology division of my Client is currently seeking a Technical Program Manager to join their team. This position will be responsible for program managing content management tools (CMS) that teams use to maintain content on websites across various channels and subsidiaries. Through these solutions, business units can more effectively manage and personalize website content for consumers. This position is a temporary, full-time opportunity currently slated for 18-months in Seattle, WA.
As the Technical Program Manager, you will lead one or more delivery team responsible for solving problems and executing complex, multi-disciplinary solutions aligned with the product vision, goals and requirements. You’ll work with an agile software development team to translate prioritized features into actionable tasks and ensure work is balanced and progressing. You’ll manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate with stakeholders. You’ll also take point on identifying blocking issues and work through resolution while fluidly adapting priorities to ensure the team retains focus on the highest value work. Managing the security, compliance, and approval processes for these solutions will also comprise a critical area of your work. You’ll work closely with product owners to present proposals for consideration and drive momentum through the review and approval pipeline. Across all your responsibilities as Technical Program Manager, you will continuously improve, adapt, and align processes to enhance teams’ agility and delivery productivity. You will utilize varied techniques in conjunction with exceptional verbal and written communication skills to deliver features on time and meeting quality standards.
- Partner with Engineering Leaders and Product Owners to groom the prioritized backlog and translate into actionable roadmaps, delivery plans and executable work items for the program team with defined delivery schedules.
- Ensure applicable regulatory requirements are met by identity and personalization platform technologies
- Act as liaison with security, compliance and legal teams to attain approval of new solutions and manage adherence of existing solutions to changing and evolving requirements and regulations
- Work collaboratively with architecture and development team members to address all relevant implementation details involved in each solution or feature
- Seek to achieve continuous flow by ensuring the work is balanced and progressing, while eliminating roadblocks and meeting delivery commitments
- Lead and increase the value of planning, backlog grooming, standups, and retrospectives for software development, including acting as Scrum-Master when required.
- Develop best-in-class processes and systems while driving continual improvement
- Promote and ensure adherence to secure coding, unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery best practices
- Coordinate releases across all products with Release Manager and Operations team members
- Work collaboratively with other teams to align work for the team as per the schedule
- Communicate status, updates and project summaries via presentations, email and direct communication with key stakeholders and executive leadership
- 5-7 years of program/project management experience, ideally in web and mobile software engineering or related field
- Strong Agile experience, including working in Scrum or Kanban environments
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced matrixed environment with regulatory compliance
- Expert in cross group communication, able to get buyoff from business, operations and peers.
- Experience as a member of a high performing technical team working in a fastpaced enterprise software development environment while demonstrating a strong ability to prioritize multiple priorities and respond to urgent issues and/or changes in product priorities.
- Superior attention to detail supported by excellent written and verbal communication with all levels of personnel
- Passion for collaborating with high energy and focus, driving results across multiple projects
- Must be delivery focused, with a strong willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job and meet deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment; relentless innovator. Challenges status quo and champions best-in-class technical solutions and problem-solving
- Ability to lead virtual product team efforts, manage a mix of vendor and FTE resources, partner across organizational boundaries and influence development directions
- Previous global project management experience is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude with conceptual and logical understanding of full stack web software architecture
- Effectively leverages technical and business expertise to optimize team delivery
- Experience working in a complex matrixed environment
- Good problem solving skills: acts decisively, promptly and confidently. Not afraid to contradict others and proactively offering solutions
- Comfortable leading high performing technical teams through the development and deployment of complex enterprise solutions
- Possesses excellent people interaction skills, maintaining a high level of professionalism to demonstrate the ability to influence up and down the organization
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong commitment to aligning team delivery with strategic objectives and discipline to measure delivered outcomes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong presentation/ training delivery experience
- Strong planning, scheduling, prioritization and organization skills
- Works effectively in a team and cross-team environment with both onsite and remote team members
- Key Competencies: Process ownership; deals well with ambiguity, function well and able to clearly define processes in loosely structured situations; comfortable with following up actions from others
- Media and entertainment industry experience
- Consulting experience
- Experience working with content management and/or digital asset managementsoftware
- Experience successfully navigating compliance and legal review processes forapproval of new solutions
Required Education BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
Additional Information SCRUM master for CMS